Whale watching season is upon us!
Our first 2015 public Whale Watching sail was January 24th. We will continue to offer our saturday whale watching cruises through March 28th. These are always popular cruises, so don’t hesitate, call Carole today at 858-222-9479 to book your San Diego Whale Watching cruise on our 1938 all wooden sail yacht JADA.
We always schedule our Whale Watching for the height of the season so we are most likely to spot whales. Last season we spotted whales on every trip but one, and on that one we saw a great pod of dolphins.
We Often See More Than Whales
While we are always on the hunt for Grey Whales, we often see other types of sea life including sea lions, sea gulls, and dolphins. Many people say that they enjoy the dolphins every bit as much or more than the whales. The dolphins are always playfully with lots of jumping out of the water and surfing along in our bow wake.
A Few Things To Know About Our Whale WatchingCruises:
- The trips usually last about 4 hours.
- As a sailing vessel we are very stable even in the ocean swells.
- The whales often travel in groups of 2 or 3.
- While maintaining a safe distance, we get close enough that you can see the whales and dolphins clearly.
- In addition to great food, we also serve coffee, tea and hot cocoa.
- Although it’s almost always comfortable, you should bring clothing layers, including a jacket.
- Our Captain and crew love to share interesting facts about the whales and other sea life.
- For more information about whale watching trips and purchasing tickets go to our main website www.sailjada.com
- We plan to go every Saturday during the season.
- Private groups can go whale watching too throughout the week
Come out and enjoy this great adventure!